I am a professional writer and editor.
here's a sample of what I do
- I write a monthly column about farm-to-fork topics.
- I edit a variety of materials, including technical reports and proposals, executive summaries, marketing documents, website content, business correspondence, legal briefs, nonfiction, fiction, and psychological assessments.
- I write freelance articles for Inside Pocket, On the Grid, Sacramento Magazine, Field Hockey Life and others.
- I write press releases, website content, essays, marketing copy, and more.
- I work with writers, photographers, small and large companies, attorneys, engineers, psychologists, therapists, CPAs, and nonprofit and municipal organizations.
- I have an MFA in Writing from the University of San Francisco, and a BA in American Studies (emphasis in Journalism) from Mills College.
- I have studied with Sarah Pollack, Kate Moses, Catherine Brady, K.M. Soehnlein, Lewis Buzbee, Lowell Cohn, Ryan Van Meter, and Dave Madden.
- I am a member of the Northwest Independent Editors Guild and Association of Writers & Writing Programs.
- I am a volunteer reading partner, working with children to improve their reading skills.
here's a sample of What i've done
- Technical Writer for a consulting engineering firm specializing in planning, design, and construction of water, wastewater, storm water, and transportation infrastructure, and environmental remediation.
- Paralegal for a fast-paced law firm. I was the firm's editor for state and federal pleadings and other legal documents.
- Website Content Design, specializing in nonprofit organizations.
- Newsletter Editor for a nonprofit cancer resource center.
- Freelance Writer for several publications, including Bainbridge Island Magazine, Inside Pocket, On the Grid, Sacramento Magazine, Field Hockey Life, and the Ukiah Daily Journal.
- Developmental Editor, specializing in nonfiction.
- Copy Editor, specializing in nonfiction.
- Semifinalist in The Missouri Review's 2014 Jeffrey E. Smith Editors' Prize contest.